How do I add work experience to my profile?
You can add your current and past work experience to your Tallo profile. You can even choose any work experience you add to be your current status on Tallo.
To add work experience:
- Go to the Work Experience and Responsibilities section of your profile
- Click either the Add An Entry button or the “+” icon in the section banner
- Select a category if prompted that most aligns with the work experience you wish to add. If you don’t see a category matching your work experience, you can select View More Categories or just add your own.
- Type in your job or responsibility. This is usually your job title or career field (e.g., Civil Engineer, Vice President of Sales, Graphic Designer)
- Add the start date and end date of your involvement with the work experience. If you are currently participating, you can check the To The Present box
- Add a description of what you’ve done or are doing within the work experience
- Add how much time you spent participating in the work experience
- Add a description of what you’ve learned from your involvement with the work experience
- Choose a soft skill that you’ve developed the most by participating in the work experience
- If you have any files, credentials, or web links that showcase your involvement with the work experience, you can add them in the Supporting Files & Links section
- Click Save
A quick tip: When adding any activity or experience in your Tallo profile, it is always best to add as much information as you can. The more descriptive you are, the better colleges and companies looking for talent like you can learn about you and your abilities.